9.09.2012

Solar Lounge Chair

Photo courtesy of inewidea.com
This tech-friendly solar powered sun lounger is designed by architecture students at MIT. You can recharge yourself and your electronics while relaxing with friends outdoors. The rocker uses the human power of balance to create an interactive 1.5 axis 35 watt solar tracking system. And it utilizes a 12 ampere hour battery storing the solar energy harvested during the day. For night time use, a strip of tape light will run along the interior of the lounger.


Photo courtesy of inewidea.com

Photo courtesy of inewidea.com

Photo courtesy of inewidea.com

Photo courtesy of inewidea.com

Photo courtesy of inewidea.com
WORKS CITED:  http://www.inewidea.com/2012/08/17/49977.html

3 comments:

  1. This is really amazing, I can`t imagine how would it be if you put this on a public place. However, this is still helpful because of a free charging. How I wish I could have one of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stylish chair! This is what I thought about years ago - art and green technology in fusion.

    http://www.solarpanelsgreendeal.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your site because i found really important things for my final year project. I implement some things on my site. So here is my case study, you can read it here.

    ReplyDelete